Senior Vice President
& Client Relations
Project management, financial analysis, intellectual property valuation, business and commercialization strategy, structured finance.
T +1 310 396 3879
M +1 310 570 6444
As Senior Vice President responsible for Client Relations, Adam is responsible for structuring client engagements and guiding service delivery to satisfy client goals. Adam is a 25-year Wall Street veteran with deep experience serving institutional clients of all types and with a focus on intellectual property over the last 10 years. He has prepared and negotiated deal structures and terms for IP investments and has worked on licensing outreach and negotiations for a number of major US corporations. He has also guided development and service delivery for the IP strategy and development division of a boutique investment bank specializing in financing disruptive technologies.
Prior to joining EverEdge, Adam co-managed the build-out of the IP Development Services Division for MDB Capital, a Santa Monica based IP-focused investment bank. The division developed IP strategy and patent portfolios for both banking and non-banking customers. Adam headed business development for the division, working directly with clients to discover their needs and structure engagements. The division developed over 800 patents for more than 20 companies inside of 3 years.
Prior to MDB Adam spent 7 years at Intellectual Ventures, the largest independent player in the global IP markets. Adam was the central player in raising over $3.5 billion across 3 funds for this innovative private equity group, interfacing with both institutional investors and Fortune 100 technology companies. At IV, Adam also worked in the group’s licensing division, managing build-out of the initial licensing efforts in the retail sector.
Adam’s prior work experience involved financial and market analysis, customer acquisition and engagement in the following roles:
- Equity investment portfolio management
- Institutional equity sales
- Public equity research
- Investment banking
Adam spent his early career in the U.S. Air Force working on flight integration for Space Shuttle experimental payloads and early anti-satellite missile programs where he attained the rank of Captain.
Adam serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of Lipstick Angels, a charity that provides rejuvenating and healing beauty treatments to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Managed development of over 800 patents for 20+ companies.
- Raised over $3.5 billion for private equity IP investment.
- Structured IP fund investment terms for Fortune 100 tech companies and major financial institutions.
- Developed initial licensing program structures for internet technologies in the retail space.
- Provided investment analysis and portfolio management for $3 billion US growth equity investment fund.
- Published continuing equity investment analysis on over 20 early internet companies
- Pioneered institutional equity research and brokerage for emerging Latin American equity markets.
- Developed program specifications for first US anti-satellite missile program.
MBA – UCLA Anderson School of Management
Bachelor of Science (Physics) – Cornell University.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).