Intellectual property valuation, strength and risk assessment, licensing negotiations, mechanical engineering, economic and financial modelling, outsourced intellectual property management.
T +64 9 489 2331
M +64 21 1860636
David brings to EverEdge knowledge in economics and finance and experience in the engineering fields of automation and chemical process design.
Prior to joining the team, David worked in an internationally recognized consultancy and research centre for industrial process design, with clients located across the globe. David has experience in both technology development and practical application.
As a member of the advisory team, David applies his knowledge and experience in technology to help clients identify the unique features in their innovation, and more importantly to gain an accurate estimate of the commercial potential of their innovation. His attention to detail and innate ability to derive the key competitive advantages of an innovation makes him a key member of the Advisory team.
David has been involved in the commercialization of technologies and products from a wide range of different fields, including the pharmaceutical, construction, food and beverage, and industrial machinery sectors. David combines his experience in technology development and application with expertise in business modelling to assist clients to identify unique features in their technology and increase their likelihood of commercial success.
- Assisted NZ Defence Force to assess projects to ensure effective use of R & D.
- Undertaken IP valuations for IT companies undergoing restructure.
- Valued Government departments’ IP assets for overseas commercialization. Examined and defined ‘Freedom to operate’ risk in different markets for their products.
- Worked with a NZ pharmaceutical start up that grew from $30m to over $70m within 3 years.
- Involved in licensing (negotiations) technology to the largest dairy company in China
- Acting IP manager for a start-up with multi-million dollar venture capital investment
- Conducted IP strength and risk assessments for businesses in pharmaceutical industry, communications, chemical, mechanical, healthcare industrial manufacturing
- Provided strategic IP advice to a multitude of major NZ and international companies
- Developed IP strategy for multi-billion global appliances company
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics, Robotics and Automation Engineering) – University of Auckland.
Bachelor of Commerce (Economics and Finance) – University of Auckland.