Start-up advice, technology commercialization, IP policy & process, acquisitions, working with investors, risk analysis, chemical processes & physical science.
T +44 7 840 831 481
David joined EverEdge in July 2014 and is now based in our London office, where his main clients are technology start-ups in London Tech City (aka “Silicon Roundabout”) and elsewhere on the burgeoning UK start-up scene.
Having a scientific background in physical chemistry, David operates at the intersection of commercial issues, technical innovation and legal tools. He initially worked in our Auckland office with both multinational companies and local start-ups by providing clear actionable steps for companies large and small.
Before working at EverEdge, David was a corporate solicitor at Russell McVeagh, the leading New Zealand corporate law firm. As a junior lawyer, David practiced in a range of commercial law fields including securities law, mergers & acquisitions, and on regulatory exemption applications.
- Due Diligence on IP position for innovators ranging from start-ups through to business units at multinational companies.
- Management of a start-up in the EverEdge investment portfolio from prototype to early commercial sales including accountability to key angel investors and the experienced board.
- Commercial Strategies for exit.
- Business case for $2B company listed on NYSE for the spin-out of a non-core technology.
- “Virtual Chief IP Officer” at a multinational client, which involved implementing practical steps to mitigate risk and helping the staff to understand how to deal with innovation.
Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Commercial Law & Intellectual Property) – University of Auckland.
Bachelor of Science (Chemistry & Pure Mathematics) – University of Auckland.
The University of Auckland Scholarship – a full scholarship for leadership, all round excellence and community service.
Russell McVeagh Scholarship for University Students.
University of Auckland Senior Prize in Mathematics.