DR. ANDREW SANT
Commercial problem-solving; asset review and assessment; invention harvesting; commercial landscape navigation; attorney management; contracts, licensing, and negotiation; commercialization of new technology; technology and new product development.
T +44 203 519 3023
M +44 7803 727878
Dr Andrew Sant is a physicist with over 25 years’ experience in technology and product development spanning the medical devices, tech start-ups, FMCG, food and beverage, and high volume manufacturing industries.
Having spent over 20 years creating novel technologies and developing new products, Andrew has extensive experience as a practitioner of creating, harvesting, and exploiting intellectual property (IP) as an intellectual asset throughout the whole innovation life-cycle from concept development to commercialization and product evolution.
Former Chief IP Strategist for an $8 billion global US corporation, Andrew was responsible for the creation and implementation of commercially effective intellectual property strategies and policies aligned with the organisation’s objectives, designed to capitalize on the company’s intellectual assets across multiple jurisdictions.
Andrew provides business leaders and executives of small and large organisations with the refined expertise necessary to make informed commercial decisions, helping to forge cooperative relationships to drive innovation and economic growth.
His ability to work seamlessly across legal, technical, and commercial boundaries allows Andrew to translate complex IP issues into the language of business and create intellectual assets on which to build competitive advantage and more attractive investment propositions.
- Led and managed a technical team of 45 scientists and engineers within an intellectual property consulting business innovating and developing new products.
- Led and managed an in-house team of intellectual property professionals for a global US FMCG manufacturing company (beverage containers).
- Founded and ran an intellectual property strategy consulting business.
- Inventor of the world’s most advanced nebuliser for pulmonary drug delivery.
- Secured world’s first 3D trademark to a beverage end at USPTO.
- Serial inventor with over 20 patents granted worldwide (drug delivery devices, beverage containers.
- Landscape navigation, invention harvesting, forward inventing, freedom to use analysis, design definition.
- NDAs, JDAs, CAs, option agreements, multi-client technology platform licensing deals.
- Low-cost and no-cost intellectual property protection strategies.
- Tax reduction strategies.
Bachelor of Science, Physics – Imperial College, London
Doctor of Philosophy, Applied Optics – Imperial College, London
Diploma of Imperial College
Associate of the Royal College of Science
Intellectual Asset Management Top 300 IP Strategist since 2014.