Commercialization strategy, capital strategy, valuations, due diligence, investment in disruptive technology, and transaction advisory.
T +64 9 489 2331
M +64 21 024 50250
Ky is a Senior Strategist at EverEdge. Prior to joining EverEdge, he spent several years consulting with high-growth start-up companies, helping them to raise capital, develop strategically and expand internationally.
Previously, he was a consultant for an S&P500 data company in Melbourne where he helped private and public institutions use third-party data sets to make investment and lending decisions.
Ky began his career as an analyst for New Zealand’s largest institutional bank where he worked on the trading floor providing analysis for complex markets deals including the $1b+ TradeMe IPO.
While Ky and his family call New Zealand home he is a San Francisco native and speaks fluent Spanish.
- Active speaker on early-stage valuations and methods for protecting competitive advantage.
- Advised $3B US defence contractor on the spin-out and divestment of a non-core technology.
- Valued disruptive data-infrastructure startup looking to raise US$65m.
- Advised large Crown-owned technology company on commercialization strategy.
- Valued and advised one of New Zealand’s leading e-commerce businesses on exit strategy.
- As Director of Sales and Business Development for innovative tech startup, grew the business from 1 customer to customers in 7 countries in under 8 months.
- Managed portfolio of large corporates in Melbourne, implementing big-data and analytics solutions into the clients’ lending and investment decision-making process.
- Lead analyst for ANZ on TradeMe’s successful $1.1 billion IPO.
- Statistically analysed the price-differences over electricity nodes in New Zealand’s power grid in order to build successful hedging strategies for clients using ASX Electricity Futures. This became the base model for all of ANZ’s electricity hedging.
- Successfully funded and executed a 4-hectare residential property development in Mexico.
Bachelor degree in Commerce (Finance, Accounting and Commercial Law) – Victoria University.