Intellectual property strategy, buy and sell side due-diligence, commercialization strategy, freedom to operate risk assessment.
T +64 9 489 2331
M +64 27 631 2304
Simon joined EverEdge in January 2014 and has since led significant projects in various industries, from digital healthcare and green energy, to robotic rehabilitation.
Simon works with a variety of companies including start-ups, NZX/ASX listed companies and large multi-nationals specializing in the development of intellectual property and commercial strategy. This encompasses the translation of business objectives to specific strategy, the development and management of intellectual property assets, the mitigation of risks related to these assets, and culminates in a clear, commercial and pragmatic approach to leverage these assets and drive business growth.
Simon has provided buy and sell side intellectual property due-diligence in regards to 7 figure transactions and has significant experience in the identification and execution of commercial opportunities latent within a client
Prior to joining EverEdge Simon was a member of Callaghan Innovation Business team. This experience provided him insights into the challenges facing NZ businesses commercializing their technology on the global stage.
- Buy side IP due diligence for an AXS listed company.
- IP due diligence for the successful $900m IPO of a large healthcare software provider.
- Developed a business case to support the transaction of a technology identified as non-core for a $3B US defence contractor.
- IP strategy for NZX and ASX listed companies to guide business growth and mitigate risk
- Opportunity identification for large state-owned utilities provider.
- Developed and implemented IP strategy for multinational maritime communications company.
Bachelor of Science with Honours (Neuroscience) – University of Otago
Masters in BioScience Enterprise – University of Auckland
University of Auckland Masters of Science Scholarship.
“The evolving business models of publicly traded intellectual property-rich companies in the US”, Master thesis 2015.