Intellectual property strategy, commercialization of new technology, negotiation and transaction brokering, project management – product innovation and commercialization, contracts and licensing, capital markets – capital raising, and funds management.
T +64 9 489 2331
Prior to joining EverEdge in May 2015 James was a solicitor in the corporate advisory and litigation teams at a leading New Zealand law firm, primarily practicing in mergers and acquisitions, general commercial law, securities law and dispute resolution. This experience provides him invaluable insight into large-scale corporate transactions, commercial arrangements and dispute resolution.
- Assisted client to make a substantial investment in a dynamic New Zealand biotechnology company.
- Managed the retirement of a brand from the New Zealand market for a large multi-national company.
- Acted on the acquisition of business units from a large New Zealand construction company, include the drafting of commercial agreements to take account of the new commercial arrangements.
- Advised on a large multi-national dairy company on ongoing securities law matters, specific projects and issues.
- Assisted with the partial listing of a large New Zealand power company
- Assisted with civil litigation concerning an appeal of a tax issue between two large companies in the food and beverage sector.
- Negotiated settlement of a civil dispute relating to a supply agreement acting on behalf of the purchaser.
- Advised over 15 New Zealand companies on intellectual property strategy, including producing strategies for all clients and assisting with implementation of key action points.
- Providing ongoing commercialization strategy advice to a company focusing on food and supply chain technologies including the best monetization and protection strategies of their technology.
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – University of Auckland.
Bachelor of Science – University of Auckland.
James has represented the University of Auckland Management Consulting Club in the New Zealand National League and has competed in multiple internal consulting competitions.
While completing his studies James received a scholarship awarded by the law firm at which he began his career. James is admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand