Senior Manager | Legal Counsel
Legal structures and contract analysis; Business and negotiation strategy; Technology commercialisation; Intangible asset & IP strategy; Intangible asset & IP analysis & review; Intangible asset & IP policy & process; International market entry.
Ben is a Senior Manager at EverEdge, and in his role helps companies and investors identify legal risks in intangible assets, increase protection and commercialise their products by unlocking the full potential of their intangible assets, the main drivers of business value.
Ben has considerable experience in advising clients in Australasia and Europe on the protection and development of intangible assets. Ben has also assisted clients to unlock the value in their intangible assets by capital investment or sale, both on the buy and sell side of transactions.
In previous roles, Ben has advised major technology companies (Microsoft, United Technologies Corporation (now Raytheon Technologies), Sumitomo), as well as being at the forefront of the growth of the esports industry in Australasia.
Ben was engaged by AVG Technologies to assist on M&A transactions, its establishment of a trading entity in China and worked with AVG’s first general counsel through its IPO listing on the NYSE.
Ben has advised major private equity and venture capital groups such 3i Group, Citigroup Venture Capital International and General Atlantic Partners on their acquisition of businesses in Europe. Ben has also advised Iberdrola Renovables and Air Products on their acquisition of solar and hydrogen energy plants in Romania.
- 17 years experience as commercial lawyer specialising in technology and commercialisation of intangible assets.
- Senior Associate in top tier firms in New Zealand and Europe.
- Providing strategic advice to clients in Australasia and Europe on the protection and development of intangible assets.
- Advising on capital market transactions (buy and sell side), including IPO listings on major indices.
- Assisting companies on the establishment of trading entities in China and other markets.
- President, New Zealand eSports Federation.
- LLB(Hons) Law – University of Canterbury