Managing Director – Australia and New Zealand
Business Strategy. Technology Commercialization. Intangible Asset & IP Valuation. Intangible Asset Strategy & Management. International Market Entry. Corporate Transactions & Due Diligence. Governance.
Michael specializes in helping Boards and management teams to unlock and realize the full potential and value of their intangible assets. He has several decades of experience in working for, or with, high-growth businesses, helping them evaluate innovations and opportunities and develop robust commercialization and risk management strategies, which result in increased revenues and profitability margins. He has a vast international network, which he leverages on behalf of his clients to create meaningful business connections.
Prior to joining EverEdge, Michael was part of the senior management team at SalesForce (now Salmat), helping the company to grow to 7,500 people in just over eight years. As the Managing Director of Asia & New Zealand, Michael successfully guided the business to become one of Omnicom Group’s (NYSE:OMC) most successful and profitable acquisitions.
Michael is also the successful founder of a number of successful start-ups; and was been integral to turning around two mid-sized companies in the logistics and FMCG sectors, taking both from significant losses to profit within nine months. He is on a number of private company boards and the board of Cure Brain Cancer, named the most Innovative Charity, and the AFR’s 25th most innovative organization.
- Successful experience in launching start-up businesses in New Zealand, Australia and Asia, including a text-messaging business, a healthy food business, an online insurance comparison website, Marshmallow Shooters, a cost-reduction consultancy and an online e-commerce retailer.
- Proven experience in succession planning and management
- Whilst at SalesForce (Salmat), worked with National Australia Bank, BNZ, Exxon Mobil, HP, Ericsson, American Express, Philips, Mercedes Benz, Foxtel, Telstra, Air New Zealand, MediBank, Krone, Budget Vehicle Rentals, Flybuys, Lion Nathan, Hasbro, New Zealand Herald, , Mercury Energy, NRMA, Australian Marketing Institute, HICAPS, Pfizer, Sealy, , Sky TV, Vodafone, Ansett – developing and executing SalesForce’s customer relationship strategy and taking the business from Melbourne, first to other states of Australia, then into Asia and New Zealand.
- As CEO at Harvest Traders worked with a large array of significant FMCG players including Cadbury and Sunkist, Progressive and Foodstuffs.
- As CEO of Tri-Star International, one of NZ’s largest Independent Freight Forwarders and third party logistics providers, achieved 28% increase in revenue and a 30% reduction in costs
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Statistics) – Monash University.
- Vero Excellence in Business Awards Finalist, 2009.