Intangible Asset and IP Management, Intangible Asset and IP Protection, Intangible Asset Audit, Commercialisation Strategy, Intangible Asset Strategy, MedTech, AgTech, FoodTech, environmental science, general mechanical engineering.
Brett is a registered Australian and NZ Patent & Trade Marks Attorney based in EverEdge’s Sydney office. He has been involved in Intangible Asset, Intellectual Property and Innovation strategy, commercialisation, management and protection for over 25 years. Aside from EverEdge, Brett has worked across various Intangible Asset-related roles including for a US private equity fund, ASX-listed companies and patent attorney firms in Australia and the UK.
At EverEdge, Brett works with clients to provide Intangible Asset strategies that complement his clients’ business goals. He also evaluates Intangible Assets for the purpose of financial valuation, provides commercially directed advice for protection of Intangible Assets and conducts due diligence on Intangible Assets in transactions. Brett also manages the patents and trade marks for several of EverEdge’s clients.
- VP at US based private equity investment company, in tech, IP & commercial assessment role
- IP Manager at public medtech company
- 10 years in private practice as patent & trade marks attorney in Australia and UK, across several technical disciplines, including general mechanical engineering, MedTech, FoodTech, AgTech, IT&T, water treatment, mining
- Research scientist for public industrial water and waste water filtration and treatment company
- Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney, Australia/New Zealand
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – University of Sydney
- Graduate Diploma, Science Communication, Australian National University
- Graduate Diploma, Environmental Studies, Macquarie University
- Diploma, Intellectual Property Practice, Academy of IPTA
- Fellow, Institute of Patent & Trademarks Attorneys, Australia