Paul Adams is the CEO of EverEdge, a global intangible asset advisory, corporate finance and investment firm
He has been ranked as one of top intellectual property strategists in the world for the last nine years running and is a former recipient of the Global IP Leader Award.
Before founding EverEdge in 2003, Paul served as Intellectual Property Manager for Brunswick New Technologies (formerly Navman). As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of GPS technology and consumer electronics devices, Brunswick New Technologies’ revenues exceeded US$500 million. During this time Paul was responsible for a multi–million dollar intellectual property portfolio and budget and he managed the intellectual property outputs of more than 500 engineers and scientists.
Paul is a respected Director of several New Zealand and Singapore based organizations and is also Chairman of a CEO Institute syndicate.
Other career highlights include developing and managing The Icehouse Incubator, the University of Auckland’s technology incubator. He developed the incubator from an empty warehouse to hold 15 high technology companies. The Icehouse incubator has been named by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 10 technology incubators in the world and was the only incubator to make the list from outside the United States. Paul has also worked in Silicon Valley, where he co-founded a technology start-up company and raised venture and development capital.
He is a sought after speaker at intangible assets, intellectual property, technology commercialization, data monetization, business strategy, and high growth company conferences and events internationally, having spoken at events throughout North America, Europe and Asia. He has presented at TEDx and is frequently asked to present to and advise senior management teams and Boards from Fortune 1000 companies.
- Intellectual Asset Management Top 300 IP Strategist 2011-2021
- Managed the IP outputs for 500 engineers and scientists, specifically including:
- identification of intellectual property developed,
- evaluation of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks and unregistered assets
- assessment of intellectual property management processes
- implementation of best-practice, strategic intellectual property management frameworks
- Senior Management Consultant with significant experience in:
- Identification of registered and unregistered intellectual property underpinning competitive advantage
- Intangible asset and intellectual property strategy
- Risk management
- Commercialisation and monetization of intellectual property
- Implementation of best-practice intellectual property management to drive company performance
- LLB with Honors (Software Licensing Law) – University of Auckland
- BA (Economics and History) – University of Auckland
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of NZ
- Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Directors.